I don’t want flawless skin – said no one EVER! Let’s be real though, who doesn’t want flawless looking skin every time they look in the mirror? Of course, achieving a flawless complexion starts way before applying your foundation; because a clean canvas is always better to work with. But I’ll save the skincare routine for another day, and talk about my current favorite foundations for this particular post. You ready?
The foundations you see above are currently all my favs, and also what’s currently in my makeup box. They’re all different regarding coverage and finish, but they all have one thing in common: they do the job!
(Before I continue, I just wanted to say that these opinions are all my own and it’s what I’ve observed and what results I’ve seen as I’ve used the products. Of course, my results may not be the same as someone else’s because we all have different skin. But, if you have an olive undertone and normal-to-combination skin, like me, then these products may work for you too!)
1. Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation: Full coverage, matte finish, 15 hours of wear, doesn’t feel heavy. This foundation is currently on the very top of my list. It’s a full coverage foundation that feels light on the skin and stays on all day, with no touch-ups necessary. It’s my go-to choice when I know I’m going to have a long day.
2. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Photo Edition Foundation: Hydrates, 12 hours of wear, medium-to-full coverage, luminous finish. I use this when I’m shooting looks for the blog. It gives you an even complexion – who doesn’t want that in photos?! – without feeling heavy.
3. Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation: Airy mousse texture, minimizes pores, all day shine control. I love this foundation because it reminds me of the LM Flawless Fusion Foundation I mentioned earlier, but half the cost! If you’re looking for a less expensive alternative, then this one definitely comes close!
4. La Mer Soft Fluid Longwear Foundation: Weightless, refines pores and hides imperfections, built in SPF 20 and antioxidants, all day wear. I love La Mer skincare products, so it’s no surprise that I love their foundation too! It seamlessly blends giving you a flawless complexion that lasts all day.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Foundation Stick: Highly pigmented, semi-matte finish, and buildable. I love this particular one because it’s so versatile. It can be applied as an all-over foundation, sheered out as a tinted moisturizer, or for contour and highlighting.
6. Erborian: This one is actually not a foundation, but a family of BB and CC Creams, which I LOVE! It’s good for all skin types, built-in SPF, and evens out your complexion while still allowing your skin to breathe! This is my go-to during those laidback days where I’m doing mostly backend work, and don’t have much planned. I also wear it when I’m traveling!